Official Transcript Requirements – UW Graduate School Skip to content

Official Transcript Requirements

Once admitted, the academic department will select at least one degree, bachelor’s (four-year) or higher, to be verified by the Graduate School. Students are required to submit an official transcript through one of the delivery methods listed below. Transcripts uploaded to the online application by the applicant or the academic department are not considered official.

Final official transcripts must contain the following information:

  • Completion of all coursework with grades or marks issued for each year of study
  • Degree earned and date the degree was conferred
    • If your institution does not print the conferral date on your transcript, a degree statement, diploma, or other document with the conferral date will also be required.
  • Official stamp, seal, and/or embossed marking from the school
  • Transcripts and degree documents that are in a language other than English must be accompanied with an official English translation (translated by a university, government official/organization, or a certified translation service, example: American Translators Association

Delivery Methods

Certified Electronic Transcripts (Preferred Method)

If your institution offers official electronic copies sent by a secured provider (e.g., National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, Scrip Safe), you may have them sent directly from the institution to
Note: we cannot accept PDF attachments via e-mail directly from the student or the institution. 

When ordering transcripts through Parchment, enter “University of Washington Graduate” for the question “Where would you like to send the credential?” 
The transcript will be sent to “University of Washington – Graduate Admissions – Seattle Campus, Seattle, WA, US”. 

National Student Clearinghouse
For ordering transcripts through National Student Clearinghouse, select: 
Recipient: University of Washington 
Recipient Email:

Postal Mail/Express Courier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) 

If your institution will be mailing a traditional paper transcript, it must be in an official sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, it will not be accepted. Have the institution send it to the address below. (Note: we cannot accept any transcripts mailed or dropped off by the student; the “sender” on the envelope should be your institution.) 

Standard postal service or Express Courier Service
University of Washington
Graduate Enrollment Management Services
Box 353770
Seattle, WA USA 98195-3770
  University of Washington
Graduate Enrollment Management Services
G-1 Communications
4109 Stevens Way
Seattle, WA USA 98195-3770


If you earned your degree(s) outside of the United States, you may submit a World Education Services (WES) International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) evaluation, which includes verified copies of your official transcripts and degree certificates. To electronically submit your WES ICAP to the University of Washington, follow the instructions provided by WES (for Recipient, select “University of Washington.” For School/Division, select “Graduate Admissions (Seattle/Bothell/Tacoma).”

Note: We will not accept the WES Basic or any other credential evaluation to fulfill the transcript requirement. Only the WES ICAP meets this requirement.

Cannot Submit Official Documents

Contact Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) at if you are unable to have your documents submitted directly by the institution in sealed envelopes or via secured electronic transmission. 

Official Transcripts Submission Notice:

Official transcripts become the property of the University of Washington Graduate School. Transcripts will not be returned, and copies will not be released to students or third parties.