We understand Black, Latinx, Native American and Pacific Islander* students may face unique challenges securing funding assistance and paying for graduate school.
The Graduate School and GSEE are committed to supporting Black, Latinx, Native American and Pacific Islander students throughout every aspect of graduate education, including academic, financial, professional and social support. We work with various partners to ensure graduate students admitted to the University of Washington are given ample opportunity to succeed.
The Graduate School maintains information on how to pay for graduate school to help you find ways to lessen the financial burden. The Graduate Funding Information Service (GFIS) is also an excellent resource.
- Alfonso Carlos Peña Graduate Fellowship
- GSEE Graduate Diversity Fellowships & GSEE Top-Off Awards
- GSEE Graduate Excellence Award
- GSEE Graduate Tuition and/or Graduate Supplemental Awards
- Latinx Scholars Graduate School Fellowship
- Sinegal UW Graduate and Professional Fellowship
List of Fellowships
*Federally recognized underrepresented minority populations (Black/African American, American Indian/Alaska Native/Indigenous, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander and Latino/Hispanic). OEJ also serves Filipino and Southeast Asian student populations.