For Students

How do I pay for graduate school?

At the University of Washington, several types of financial assistance are available to graduate students:

While the Graduate School’s Office of Fellowships and Awards can assist students with questions about awards, your current or prospective academic department is the best resource for learning about funding opportunities — such as assistantships and fellowships — relevant to your discipline. Ask your department about the availability of graduate student appointments, as well as fellowships and grants for which students in the department commonly apply.