The Sinegal UW Graduate and Professional Fellowship was established in honor of Jim Sinegal and his commitment to educational access and equity. The Sinegal Fellowship provides support for Costco Scholars who graduated from either the University of Washington or Seattle University and who are pursuing an advanced degree at the UW.
The Sinegal Fellowship is a 2-year award with a stipend of $10,000 each year ($20,000 total plus tuition coverage if the awardee is in a state-based program).
Application deadline: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT
- Enrolled full-time in a master’s, doctoral, or professional degree program at the University of Washington for the 2023–24 academic year. Priority given to students enrolled in a 2+ year graduate program (2023–24 and 2024–25).
- Undergraduate Costco Scholars at either the University of Washington or Seattle University.
- Demonstrated financial need. Determination of financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) as evaluated by the University of Washington’s Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Active participation in the Costco Scholars program while an undergraduate
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Demonstrated commitment to community service
Sinegal Fellowship recipients are expected to remain in good academic standing. Recipients will be expected to help the UW properly thank donors who contributed to their award by participating in stewardship activities which include:
- Promptly completing a thank you letter
- Attending the annual Costco Scholarship Fund Breakfast (September)
- Serving as a mentor for undergraduate Costco Scholars by participating in various programs (Orientation, Ignite Your Career, etc.)
How to Apply
Newly admitted graduate students apply directly to the Sinegal UW Graduate and Professional Fellowship via this application form.
Continuing graduate students apply directly to the Sinegal UW Graduate and Professional Fellowship via the MyGrad student portal.
For further information about the Sinegal UW Graduate and Professional Student Fellowship, please contact the Office of Graduate Student Equity & Excellence (email@example.com, 206.543.9016) or Erica Sahota (firstname.lastname@example.org).