Application for Graduate Study at the University of Washington
Welcome to University of Washington Graduate School online application. We are excited that you are considering graduate study at the UW!
To better understand the admissions process for graduate programs at the University of Washington, review the admission procedures.
Professional programs at the UW do not use this online application. Please consult their websites for admissions information and application instructions.
Application Deadlines — Extension Request (Natural Disaster)
The Graduate School understands that some applicants may be experiencing difficulties in completing and submitting their applications. If you have been impacted by a severe natural disaster such as a hurricane or earthquake:
- Contact the program you are applying to and request an extension of the application deadline as soon as possible.
- Provide a brief explanation of your specific problem (e.g., “my recommenders do not have internet access due to power outages”).
- Please note that not all programs may be able to offer an extension of the application deadline.
First-time users must create an applicant profile. If you decide to apply to more than one program, your applicant profile will be used for each program.
If you already have a profile, you can log in to your account to
- Update your applicant profile
- Create a new application
- Edit or submit an existing application(s)
- Check the status of a submitted application for information such as:
- receipt of letters of recommendation
- receipt of test scores
- a decision on your application
- if you are offered admission, your student number and personal access code (PAC)
- if you are requesting a F-1 or J-1 visa, steps to obtain a visa application
Application Fee and Fee Waivers
If you want to apply to more than one program, you must submit an application and pay the fee for each program. The nonrefundable application fee is $85.00 (USD) or $75.00 for Graduate Non-Matriculated applications, subject to change without notice. The fee can be paid only online, using a MasterCard or Visa credit/debit cards.
Fee waivers are available to applicants who qualify for financial need. Need is determined for applicants who meet Washington Student Achievement Council eligibility requirements for the Washington State Need Grant Program in the most recent tax year preceding the application. The Graduate School currently bases waivers on the 70% Median Family Income (MFI) level. Current McNair Scholars and PPIA Fellows who have sent documentation to the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org are also eligible.
Additionally, fee waiver requests must be submitted in the online admission application after all steps of the application have been completed and at least 7 calendar days prior to the program’s posted application deadline.
International applicants expecting a J1 or F1 visa are not eligible for application fee waivers.
Contact the Graduate School at email@example.com or 206.685.2630. The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities.
To request disability accommodation in the admission and application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 (Voice), 206.543.6452 (TTY), 206.685.7264 (FAX), or firstname.lastname@example.org.