Health Insurance Information  – UW Graduate School Skip to content

Health Insurance Information 

UW does not provide health insurance for domestic students (U.S. citizens, green card holders, permanent residents, along with DACA and undocumented students). However, the UW offers health insurance to two student groups: graduate students whose UW employment positions qualify them for the Graduate Appointee Insurance Program (GAIP) and international students on J1 and F1 student visas via the International Student Health Insurance Program (ISHIP). 

Finding a Health Insurance Plan

  • If you are a domestic student residing in King County, and don’t have insurance, you will need to seek insurance through the Washington State Health Plan Finder, Washington state’s health insurance marketplace.
  • Get help on how to use the Washington State Health Plan Finder, by contacting Public Health – Seattle & King County health insurance navigators at 800.756.5437 or UW Hall Health Center at

More Health Insurance Information