UW Graduate School

Graduate School Forms

Several interactive forms for Graduate School procedures are on this page.

Additional forms for procedures at the University of Washington can be found at the Office of the Registrar’s page for Forms Online. If you have difficulty accessing these forms you may contact the Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) office at uwgrad@uw.edu or phone 206.685.2630.

Form Use When to Submit Signature Required / Comments
Human and Animal Care Certification Form Faculty committees must sign for graduate students pursuing thesis or dissertation research When master’s or doctoral committees are constituted (required for all committees constituted) All members of supervisory committee
Petition to the Dean (Online) Use on the advice of your academic department to waive Graduate School requirements Anytime Processed online (Petitions processed weekly; some petitions require additional review and may take longer than 1 week)
Petition for Reduced Enrollment Used to request permission to enroll for less than the 10 credit minimum while holding an academic student appointment. Before or at the beginning of the quarter for which you are requesting approval for reduced enrollment Graduate Program Coordinator or Chair of Academic Department
Required Off-Site Education Approval (R.O.S.E.): Defunct The R.O.S.E. form has been discontinued as of Summer Quarter 2017. Please see Graduate On-Leave Status: “Students Requesting Loan Deferment” section. N/A N/A
Request for On-Leave Status (online) Used to request on-leave status Two weeks prior to the first day of instruction through the last day of that quarter. Graduate Program Coordinator of Academic Department (Electronic Approval)
Request for Letter of Certification For doctoral and masters students who need proof of degree completion early (if your degree has already posted, degree validation can be obtained here, and transcripts can be ordered via the Registrar). After degree requirements are completed and graduation is recommended, but before the degree has posted to the UW transcript GEMS processes via e-mail