UW Graduate School

Awards and Funding Resources

The Graduate School provides funding assistance to campus units in support of graduate students, graduate faculty, academic and research programs, scholarly activities, and special initiatives that support and enhance graduate and undergraduate studies at the University of Washington.

Requests for funding must be made by authorized department personnel through MyGrad at Admin > Awards > Requests > Request New Award.

Areas of Support

Top Scholar Awards

Top Scholar Awards (TSA) help programs attract outstanding graduate students to the University of Washington.

More information on Top Scholar Awards

Graduate Student Conference Presentation Awards

Conference presentation awards are available to assist graduate students with transportation and registration costs so they may present papers or posters at conferences.

More information on graduate student conference presentation awards

General Tuition Waiver Requests

There are limited waivers available for those students who receive significant funding through a nationally recognized fellowship.

More information on general tuition waivers

International Student Tuition Waivers

There are a limited number of waivers available for international students who are in formal exchange programs or part of recognized international education programs (e.g., Fulbright).

More information on international student tuition waivers

Access to MyGrad Program

If you do not currently have access to MyGrad Program, you can request access through the Graduate School.