Graduate School Council
The University of Washington’s Graduate School Council is an elected body of Graduate Faculty that advises the dean of the Graduate School on graduate education policies as well as on academic standards and practices for graduate programs. It makes recommendations on the creation of new graduate programs and on the continuation of existing graduate and undergraduate programs as part of the academic program review process.
The Graduate School Council acts on behalf of the Graduate Faculty and has legislative authority for all matters pertaining to graduate education requiring a vote of elected representatives. The dean of the Graduate School or designee chairs the Graduate School Council.
Staff support for the Council resides in the Office of Academic Affairs and Planning.
Information about the Graduate School Council
- List of Current Members
- Graduate School Council Meeting Schedule
- Guidelines for Membership and Elections
- Charter of the Graduate School Council
Resources for Council Members
Academic Program Reviews
- Council Role in Academic Program Reviews
- Template for Presenting a Program Review Summary to the Graduate School Council
New Academic Program Proposals