About the IPhD
Students should consider the IPhD if they are:
- Seeking the opportunity to think outside the box while working on a compelling interdisciplinary research problem that does not fit within a single campus program that offers a Ph.D.
- Wishing to work with the best scholarly minds on campus
- Drawn to working with a graduate Supervisory Committee that includes faculty from multiple departments
- Self-starters and highly motivated
- Interested in designing their own Ph.D. course of study and areas of specialization
- Seeking a flexible schedule—either full time or part time
Because the University is committed to established disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs, the IPhD Program is quite small. Unusual student ability and motivation, as well as an increased level of attention from the entire Supervisory Committee, are required for students to successfully complete the IPhD.
Please direct requests for further information to:
Jean Rogers, IPhD Program Coordinator
The Graduate School Box 352192
University of Washington Seattle, WA 98195-2192