UW Graduate School

For Students Receiving Financial Aid who are Applying for their Master’s Degrees 

PLEASE NOTE: These procedures DO NOT apply to students with Graduate Service Appointments (Teaching and Research Assistantships).

A new system has been put into place to assist the Financial Aid Office in tracking graduate students who should NOT continue to receive financial Aid after they have completed their degree.

All master’s students who submit a Master’s Degree Request and all doctoral students who schedule a Final Examination will have a hold placed on their financial aid for the following quarter.

Students who DO NOT complete their degree by the last day of the quarter and are continuing on, OR students who have completed the degree and are continuing on in another degree program, must go to the Financial Aid Office before the next quarter begins to sign a form indicating that they are still eligible for aid.