Sinegal UW Graduate and Professional Fellowship
The Sinegal UW Graduate and Professional Fellowship was established in honor of Jim Sinegal and his commitment to educational access and equity. The Sinegal Fellowship provides support for underrepresented minority Costco Scholars who graduated from either the University of Washington or Seattle University and who are pursuing an advanced degree at the UW.
The Sinegal Fellowship is a 2 year award with a stipend of $10,000 each year.
Application deadline: Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Students who will be enrolled full-time in a master’s, doctoral or professional degree program at the University of Washington for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic years.
- Students who were undergraduate Costco Scholars at either the University of Washington or Seattle University.
- Students with demonstrated financial need. Determination of financial need will be based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) as evaluated by the University of Washington’s Office of Student Financial Aid.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Active participation in the Costco Scholars program while an undergraduate
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Demonstrated commitment to community service
Sinegal Fellowship recipients are expected to remain in good academic standing. In addition, recipients will be expected to help the UW properly thank donors who contributed to their award by participating in stewardship activities which include:
- Promptly completing a thank you letter
- Attending the annual Costco Scholarship Fund Breakfast (September)
- Serve as a mentor for undergraduate Costco Scholars by participating in various programs (Orientation, Costco & You, etc.)