Latinx Scholars Graduate School Fellowship
In 2013, a group of engaged, committed UW faculty, civic and business leaders joined together to establish the Latinx Scholars Graduate School Fellowship to provide financial assistance to UW graduate students (master’s and doctoral) who have a demonstrated commitment to Latinx communities. To date, the LSGSF has awarded $38,500! GO-MAP appreciates the community members that have continued to give to this important fund.
For this application cycle, the Latinx Scholars Graduate School Fellowship is a one-time award of $1,500. Awards will be announced and dispersed Winter quarter.
Application deadline: Friday, December 7, 2018 at 5 p.m. (PST)
- Graduate student must be enrolled full-time in a master’s or doctoral degree program at the University of Washington;
- Graduate student’s research, work, and/or service must demonstrate their commitment to Latinx communities.
It is preferred that the student’s application is submitted as one PDF document, though separate documents would be accepted.
To be considered for this fellowship, ALL of the following materials must be submitted via the MyGrad Program: https://grad.uw.edu/for-students-and-post-docs/mygrad-program/
- Letter of Recommendation (not to exceed one page)
The recommender should address the following to the best of their ability:
- The applicant’s engagement with Latinx communities and issues.
- Obstacles the applicant may have encountered in their academic or personal journey and how they have responded to these challenges.
- The applicant’s academic strengths and/or progress.
- Personal Statement (not to exceed two pages, double-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman, 1 inch margins). Statement should address the following:
- How your personal commitment to Latinx communities has taken shape in your service, research, and/or paid employment.
- Your personal or professional goals and the ways in which your graduate education will enable you to sustain your engagement with Latinx communities.
- How this $1,500 award would impact your graduate education Winter quarter.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
For further information about the Latinx Scholars Graduate School Fellowship, please contact GO-MAP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.543.9016.