Guy and Charlotte Springsteel Graduate Fellowship
This fellowship was established by Frederick Springsteel in honor of his parents, Guy and Charlotte, who met at Western Washington University. The fellowship is intended to support graduate students interested in pursuing a professional career in library and information science.
AWARD DEADLINE: Friday, April 29, 2016
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a UW master’s program in the Information School (iSchool),
- Must have been a Washington state resident at the time of admission to the graduate program,
- Must have been employed by the UW Libraries for at least autumn and winter quarters during the year they apply for the fellowship, AND
- Must have received an undergraduate degree from Western Washington University, Central Washington University, or Eastern Washington University. Preference will be given to a graduate of Western Washington University.
The selection and award process is handled by UW Libraries.
Application materials should be combined as one PDF document. To be considered, the following material must be received by the application deadline.
- One-page personal statement. The statement must outline your aspirations for graduate study and plans for your professional career after graduation.
- Unofficial UW Transcript (PDF from MyUW: instructions)
A review committee, including representatives from the UW Libraries and the iSchool, will meet to review all applications. The committee will make a recommendation to the Dean of University Libraries, who will make the final decision.
Terms of Award
- $2,000 to be awarded to one recipient.
- Award is payable the following academic year.
Sheryl Stiefel, Director of Advancement, UW Libraries, can assist you.