The Graduate School’s Office of Academic Affairs and Planning coordinates the reviews of new graduate program proposals. Proposal flowcharts in each category below outline the approval process for each type of program (degree, certificate, degree option, combined undergraduate/graduate program).
For general questions and document submission by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Creating Graduate Programs
- Guidelines for new graduate degree programs
- Guidelines for new graduate certificate programs
- Guidelines for a new option within an existing graduate degree program
- Guidelines for new combined undergraduate/graduate (CUG) degree programs
- Guidelines for new international collaborations
Guidelines for Modifying Graduate Programs
- Guidelines for changes to a graduate program
- Guidelines for suspending admissions to graduate degree programs
- Download the comparison chart (pdf) — compares new degrees, certificates, program options, and concurrent degrees
- Planning an international collaboration (graduate programs)
- Best practices for concurrent degrees with shared thesis
- Programs of study in more than one field
- Approved New Graduate Degrees, Certificates and Degree Options