Who Takes the Course
GRDSCH200 is an open course offered to juniors, seniors and non-matriculated post-BACC students from all majors and disciplines. Students taking the course apply to a wide range of schools and programs located all around the world. Here are just some of the highlights about the over 450 students who have taken our course over the past 5 years.
- Students enter the course with a range of preparedness for graduate school; from just seeking information to knowing exactly when they want to apply and to which specific program(s)
- The course serves students from varying educational backgrounds including first-generation, transfer students and international students.
- Roughly 30% of students are from natural science programs, 37% of students are from the social sciences and 33% of students are from humanities – making it an equally diverse course in terms of disciplinary field
- Students in the course apply to programs all over the world, not just UW
- Students in the course also apply to programs seeking a wide variety of potential graduate degrees; While the majority apply to MS and PhD program, many of our students apply to professional programs and other terminal graduate degrees